Hello 🙂 I know I said I would be doing a back-to-school series next, but I took a day trip to New York City on Thursday and I can’t resist showing you all the pictures! I’ve been to NYC countless times and I can’t help taking pictures like a tourist every time I go, haha. The city is so big (those skyscrapers!) and busy, I just love being there. I plan on living there someday and maybe getting an internship there sometime soon. On Thursday I went there because I had summer homework (for my AP Art History class I had to go to a museum, pick a painting, and answer some questions about it). I brought my friend along for the ride and we ended up walking 8 miles (my feet still hurt!) from Penn Station to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and back. It was a sunny day and we had a blast looking at the beautiful art and doing a little window shopping. We did have to run to catch our train, but all in all, we had a fabulous time 🙂 Anyway, here are some pictures! (These were taken with my phone, so not the best quality. Sorry!)
- We cut through on our way to the museum. It was around 9 am, so there were plenty of joggers and bikers! I even saw a cute dog 🙂
- On the Upper East Side, walking along Central Park on Museum Mile
- (My shoes and skirt haha)
Outside the Metropolitan Museum of Art
Inside the museum, looking at art
My friend (brunette) and I (blonde) looking at the many different artists and beautiful paintings
Walking through the Upper East Side for lunch
Eating on the Met steps
Back in the museum on the first floor (look at how amazing all of this is!)
Walking back passing street vendors, The Plaza, Bergdorf’s
Doing some shopping at Louis Vuitton and Tiffany’s
Some random churches and Saint Patrick’s Cathedral
Saks, the Empire State Building, and Times Square
Okay, so that’s all 🙂 My outfit was a gray cami from Forever 21, and bluish crochet top from Chloe K, a purple, blue, green, white floral skirt from Kimchi Blue, a cream cross body from Nine West, gray pearl earrings from Forever 21, two white and green bangles from a flea market, and nude ballet flats from H&M. My hair was in a plain ponytail to keep it out of my face. I did a neutral eye look with a dusty rose colored lipstick.
I wanted to share some tips with you guys if you ever go to NYC:
- Never wear really fancy or obvious jewelry.
- Never carry a big bag (a small cross body is best).
- Wear comfortable shoes (like sneakers). This is common sense since you’ll probably be doing a ton of walking.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings. Look at the people around you and where you are. It’s easy to get lost in a big city.
- Be careful crossing the streets, taxis have no mercy.
- Walk at a good, fast pace and stick to whoever you are going with. Always keep your hand on your bag. Look like you know where you are going.
- Never go into Central Park at night.
- If you get lost or separated, go into a store and call someone.
- Don’t get too caught up in taking pictures.
- The subway can get really scary, ESPECIALLY when you are alone. When in doubt, it’s much better to walk.
- Always keep extra money in a safe place (like your shoe).
- Always be aware of your departure time, especially if you are leaving by train or bus. It’s best to get there a little early.
I hope these helped and I hope you liked the many, many (sorry) pictures! Please, please do not use them in any way, I took all them (except the ones of me). Thank you and comment below what you think! Tell me if you’ve ever been to NYC and if you have some tips of your own 🙂
(Also I found out where you can get that BR bronzer/highlighter. It’s only a dollar on shopmissa.com 🙂 I think I have it in Sujmmer Time but it’s sold out)